Friday, April 8, 2016

GIS 4043: Georeferencing

I absolutely hated this assignment.  I couldn't get anything to go right, no matter how hard I tried to finish.  Because of all of the technical difficulties and problems that kept occurring, I was unable to finish this assignment by the deadline.  I did finally manage to finish this assignment today.  I used the georeferencing tool for the first time during this assignment. I thought it would be super easy, since I find common points all the time at work.  However, that was my main setback.  I was seconds away from calling it quits on numerous occasions.  For this assignment, I found common points between the raster dataset (which include the unknown layers) and the buildings layer (which include the known layers).  Using the 1st Order Polynomial for the raster titled "uwf_n", I came up with an RMS error of 5.78724 after dropping numerous points. As for the southernmost raster, I dropped about eight points, which gave me an RMS error of 2.97949.  I used the 2nd Order Polynomial option for this raster.

No comments:

Post a Comment