Thursday, April 28, 2016

GIS 4043: Final Project

For the final project of this class, I reviewed the Bobwhite-Manatee Transmission Line Project and took into account the affects it may have on the surrounding community.  I provided an analysis of four criteria, which were required to be met for the selection of the transmission line.  The new transmission line will extend approximately 24 miles along a route crossing the Manatee to Sarasota County boundaries.  The line is needed to meet higher energy demands within Sarasota County.  I performed my analysis using GIS tools provided in ArcMap.  All raster and vector data was provided, with the exception of the Florida Schools and the Florida Daycare Facilities vectors, which were downloaded from the Florida Geographic Data Library (FGDL).


Be sure to check out my PowerPoint Presentation and the Slide by Slide Commentary!


I really enjoyed learning as much as I did throughout the semester.  I very much enjoyed creating different types of maps and learning new words and tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment